People often neglect home maintenance. This is a big mistake. Your home needs regular maintenance, just like your car. The good news is that you can easily do the housework without changing your schedule. If you only get 30-45 minutes a week, or less than 10 minutes a day, that should be enough. Let’s take a look at some of the maintenance tasks that don’t take long.
- Vacuum the condenser coils on the back of the refrigerator every six months or at least once a year. Also pay special attention to the seals on the refrigerator doors. By carefully holding the door seals, the refrigerator will operate efficiently with less energy. To check the door seals, close the refrigerator door by placing a dollar bill in the middle. Now try pulling out the dollar bill. If you cannot easily reach the note, it means the door seals are in good condition. However, if the ticket slips easily, it’s time to replace the stamps.
- Air conditioners are one of the most overlooked devices when it comes to maintenance. However, they can be very expensive to repair if they become defective. Inspect the condensation hose regularly to make sure water can flow freely through it. Make sure that there is no debris on the screen around the air conditioner so that air can flow easily and unhindered. Clean your grill conditioner periodically.
- Check and repair leaking valves. In most cases, worn washers are the main cause of leakage. Replacing the washers can fix the leak problem in most cases.
- At least once a year, drain the water heater and clean the inside of the water heater. Water heaters need regular maintenance like any other appliance. A sediment is deposited in the water. These particles settle to the bottom of the tank, causing damage to the water heater floor.
- There may be guest toilets that you don’t use often. Remember to wash these toilets regularly to avoid dirt or any other deposits.
- Inspect your fire extinguishers regularly. Check that the pressure gauge is showing the correct pressure and that there are no visible signs of damage or wear.
- Inspect your roof regularly for damage or leaks. You may need to call professional help if the roof needs repair.
For complex home maintenance and renovation tasks, you need professional help. Visit our website if you are looking for професионален домоуправител софия + цени professional property management in Sofia.